Salsa Española Ingredients
2 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
1 large ripe tomato
1 yellow onion
1 jalapeño (optional)
1 tbs. Salt
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 8oz. can of tomato sauce
5 cups of water
1 tbs. oil
5 quart sauce pan
- Chop all vegetables to desired size.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add peppers, onions and spice to pan until veggies are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and stir until soft.
- Add tomato sauce and water and stir.
- Bring to a boil and adjust seasoning to taste.
Country style pork rib (6-8lbs.)
64 oz. lard
1 ½ tsp. salt
¼ cup room-temperature water
Spoon with long handle
Colander and bowl
- Put lard in pot, and heat on high to 300 degrees.
- Place pork in hot lard. Meat must be completely covered by lard.
- Temperature will drop when pork is cooking. Check on temperature often. Make sure the meat cooks at 200 degrees.
- Stir occasionally after one hour.
- In a separate pot, add salt and water.
- Turn up heat on carnitas, add salt water and stir.
- Lower heat to a simmer for half hour.
- Spoon out carnitas into colander.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ALBERT OR BOB